Monday, March 8, 2010

My Opinions on Independent Studies (IS)

Hello again,
As i wrote on how people chose their Sabbatical based on Ace, I thought of this.
Well, the point is, now that there is a limited time we are supposed to do our ace, and the limit we are allowed to do per term, we will not be able to freely manage our time. For term 1, the holidays have just ended, and it takes quite awhile to get back to your working mode. When you do get back to your working mode, its time for all the tests! And after the tests, your only left with like 1 week to rush and spam your ace, worried that you are unable to get the full 5 marks. Thus, you turn to the Sabbaticals!
Also, with this new system, there's no freedom at all! Usually, I would be able to do all my ace during the June holidays. However, for term 1 and 2, I do not have adequate time! I am not able to do in the December hols too, as I have no idea on what type of ace should be submitted.
Well, that's how I feel about IS. I do hope this system changes. I don't think a lot of people will be making it into CSE this year...especially without the help of ace!
Sighs, that's all I have to say...

I'll try to stay happy and positive!
Good night!
Yuding

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home